Cyclesure is a specialist insurance brokerage, offering a unique package for all cycling enthusiasts, whether you are based in South Africa or traveling abroad.
The package covers you for:
- All risks for bicycle and accessories, based on replacement value
- Theft, hijacking, damage incurred in transit or while training
- Damage incurred during events, time trials or track events
- Legal liability
- Personal accident cover – death or permanent disability of R 20 000*
- Medical benefits up to R 2 000 for any accident*
- (*Cover in respect of official racing events only)
Trauma counselling benefit of R 2 000 as result of a violent theft, hold-up, hijacking or armed robbery, including while training
Personal Accident Cover
Cycling is a risky sport, and road accidents are bound to happen.
Cyclesure’s Personal Accident Policy covers you in the event of the following:
- Permanent total disability
- Temporary total disability
- Medical expenses
Trip Cancellation Cover
As a first, Cyclesure has created the Cyclesure Trip Cancellation Policy, for when you cannot start or complete your cycling trip, and even when you’re not on your bike, you will still be covered for the following:
It covers you for financial loss due to:
- Unforeseen illness, injury or death involving you, a travel companion or close relative
- Being made redundant
- Accidental damage, burglary, flooding or fire at your home while you are away, or within two days before your departure
- You being subjected to compulsory quarantine
- A city on your itinerary suffering a terrorist attack
ER24 Sweat Safe is essential medical emergency protection for active sports people and outdoor enthusiasts. It is especially popular with cyclists, dueathlon and triathlon athletes.
Medical cover needs to be immediately verifiable if you want rapid and hassle free access to private medical care, and proving proof of this cover can be a problem in a medical emergency, when minutes are precious.
ER24 SweatSafe solves this problem by making you instantly identifiable in a medical emergency with the ER24 SweatSafe band. Further, you will be allocated a personal pin number printed on the band with the ER24 call centre number. This means that a person is assured of immediate action in the event of an accident.
- SweatSafe ID – includes the combination of ER24 cover for free road or air ambulance services and a free SweatSafe band
- SweatSafe 50 – includes all the SweatSafe ID benefits and in addition includes hospital expenses cover for up to R 50 000
- SweatSafe 100 – includes all the SweatSafe ID benefits and in addition includes hospital expenses cover for up to R 100 000
Event Liability Cover
Cyclesure also arrange Event Liability cover for organisers of cycling events.